Friday, April 23, 2010

Inhibited

I do not doubt God's existence, nor do I take the Biblical narrative of Jesus' life and death with any grains of salt.  I have no trouble believing in the virgin birth and the resurrection, and I do not question the benevolence of the Father.

What I do doubt is my own ability to be passionate in worship, my desire to truly live for Jesus and to listen for instructions from God (and to obey those instructions without feigning deafness).

You know those people in church that throw their hands in the air during praise and worship?  I am not one of them.  Worship does often move me, but not in a demonstrative sort of way.  I don't shout 'Amen' nor do I lift my face to heaven in a spirit of absolute devotion, and I can't be sure whether this is a fault that I should be taking care to rectify or if it is acceptable to God for some to be less gregarious than others.

There is so much I am unsure of, but the questions I harbor regard my own faithfulness, not that of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment